Honcho is looking for a Web Application Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for rapidly building and launching versions of our websites for internal as well as public use. Working in a small, high performing group with some of the best and most experienced web developers available, this role requires a combination of web development, design, analysis and innovative skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural collaborative environment
· Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, presentation skills is also a plus.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE
· Working experience in related web technical skills to understand platform capabilities and limitations.
· Working knowledge of MySQL database development and best practices
· Minimum 1 year web development experience in front-end and back-end
· Familiarity with GIT, JIRA, Docker and Linux
· Familiarity with Zend Framework and Angular development
· Knowledge in responsive web design implementation
· Well versed in cross –browser compatibility
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Skilled at debugging web pages
DESIRED SKILLS BUT NOT REQUIRED
· Ability to blend in to an Agile Development Team.
· Experience in slicing graphic designs.
· Experience in development of business application software as a service applications.
· Familiar with GIT, JIRA, Linux and PHP Zend Framework is a big plus
· Experience working with interfaces such as XML and JSON.
· Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS. Knowledge on other frontend technologies (jQuery, Backbone, SASS,
Compass, Bootstrap) is a plus.
Apply by sending your cover letter and cv to email@example.com with "Web App Developer" in the subject line!