Business Switch (Philippines) Inc, a business of Business Switch Australia, features a talented team of software engineers, business analysts, quality assurance experts that help thousands of people around the world start their business. With views looking over Manila Bay and MOA next door, our enthusiastic and vibrant team work on a range of technology and development projects that are at the cutting edge of the global start up industry.
We're always looking for passionate people to join us. There's a lot to do as we constantly seek out new and better ways to serve our fast-growing client-base. We work incredibly hard to help tens of thousands of new business owners get started every year. It's not always easy but it's incredibly rewarding and the stories of customers who have gone off to build successful businesses for themselves are constantly inspiring.
We are currently in the process of developing our overseas Customer Service division and this is a great chance to get on the ground level with a new Manila-based Customer Service team. You will receive all training from our Australian-based leaders in order to equip you with your job requirements.
Why join us?
Apart from the obvious benefit of working alongside such a great group of people on a mission to change the startup world, we also offer beautiful offices, fully stocked kitchens, team dinners, weekly fruit baskets, incredible retreats, overseas travel, a casual dress code, fantastic bonuses and massive career opportunities! Work with proven business leaders who will push you to accomplish great career achievements.
Role and responsibilities
This position is responsible for rapidly building and launching versions of our websites for internal as well as public use. Master features, functionality and best practice of the organization’s platform for web development. Work directly with SME’s to create company’s desktop and mobile websites. Working in a small, high performing group with some of the best and most experienced web developers available, this role requires a combination of web development, design, analysis and innovative skills.
Qualifications and education requirements:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural collaborative environment
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, presentation skills is also a plus.
Candidates must have
• Working experience in related web technical skills to understand platform capabilities and limitations.
• Working knowledge of MySQL database development and best practices
• Knowledge in responsive web design implementation
• Well versed in cross –browser compatibility
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Skilled at debugging web pages
Desired skills but not required
• Ability to blend in to an Agile Development Team.
• Experience in slicing graphic designs.
• Experience in development of business application software as a service applications.
• Familiar with GIT, JIRA, Linux and PHP Zend Framework 2 is a big plus
• Experience working with interfaces such as XML and JSON.
• Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS. Knowledge on other front end technologies (jQuery, Backbone, SASS, Compass, Bootstrap) is a plus.
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org