Business Switch (Philippines) Inc, a business of Business Switch Australia, features a talented team of software engineers, business analysts, quality assurance experts that help thousands of people around the world start their business. With views looking over Manila Bay and MOA next door, our enthusiastic and vibrant team work on a range of technology and development projects that are at the cutting edge of the global start up industry.
We're always looking for passionate people to join us. There's a lot to do as we constantly seek out new and better ways to serve our fast-growing client-base. We work incredibly hard to help tens of thousands of new business owners get started every year. It's not always easy but it's incredibly rewarding and the stories of customers who have gone off to build successful businesses for themselves are constantly inspiring.
We are currently in the process of developing our overseas Customer Service division and this is a great chance to get on the ground level with a new Manila-based Customer Service team. You will receive all training from our Australian-based leaders in order to equip you with your job requirements.
Why join us?
Apart from the obvious benefit of working alongside such a great group of people on a mission to change the startup world, we also offer beautiful offices, fully stocked kitchens, team dinners, weekly fruit baskets, incredible retreats, overseas travel, a casual dress code, fantastic bonuses and massive career opportunities! Work with proven business leaders who will push you to accomplish great career achievements.
Role and responsibilities
This position is responsible for rapidly building and launching versions of the targeted mobile applications for internal as well as public use. Master the organization's mainstream product features, functionality and best practices for mobile platform development. Work directly with SME’s to create company’s native mobile applications. Working in a small, high performing group with some of the best and most experienced web and mobile developers available, this role requires a combination of mobile development, design, analysis and innovative skills.
Qualifications and education requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, presentation skills is also a plus.
- Should be able to design and build advanced applications for the iOS and Android platform
Candidates must have:
- Working experience in related mobile technical skills to understand platform capabilities and limitations.
- Working knowledge of MySQL database development and best practice.
- Minimum 1 year native Android or IOS development experience in front-end and back-end
- Knowledge in responsive mobile design implementation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Skilled at debugging web pages
- Experience in REST service API calls and implementation.
- Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS. Knowledge on other front end technologies (jQuery, SASS, Compass, Bootstrap) is a plus.
Desired skills but not required:
Ability to blend in to an Agile Development Team.
Experience in slicing graphic designs.
- Experience in development of business application software as a service applications.
- Familiar with GIT, JIRA, Linux and PHP Zend Framework is a big plus
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org